Monday, April 7, 2014

Farewell Winter!

I don’t remember the last time I saw my girls run with such excitement and freedom as they did one afternoon, a few days ago. It was the first time this year that we were able to play outside. This winter has been long and cruel and, even if you have a sizable indoor space, nothing compares to fresh air, to running with arms wide open and letting your body fall on the grass, feel the coldness of a ground that, just as you, longed for the sun’s warmth. They chased bubbles; smudged their hands and faces with chalk; played their version of hopscotch; said hello to the girl next door; picked up leaves left behind by the cold. They were happy. Meanwhile, I let go of my wintry shell and left my heart open to the possibility of falling in love with this city all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment