Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween

Halloween was a bit different this year and there were some aspects about it that I loved. Stella refused to attend Day Care so she stayed home with me while Lucía went to her party. Stella asked to wear her costume early and since it was lovely out, I took her outside for some pictures. The moment she walked out the door my heart ached because her sister would not join her in the fun nor be photographed with her costume. I smiled and decided to enjoy this special moment between my eldest daughter and I even though a piece of my heart was not there. She has been feeling quite attached lately and these moments alone with me make her extremely happy; and when I see her smile liked she did that morning, it makes me feel that as a mother, I’m doing something right. 

Later that afternoon we picked up Lucy and got ready to go trick-or-treating with cousin Gabi. It was a first for all of us. We knocked on a few doors and the girls were thrilled repeating something that sounded like trick-or-treat. Lucía only wore her costume when she realized we were going out. Maybe next year I’ll have a better chance at photographing her. 


Here’s a few pics of our day:

"Mommy, our flowers are back!"





Two princesses and a bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment