Sunday, December 23, 2012

First Santa pic

For weeks now, I had been wanting to take my girls to see Santa. Stella now recognizes Santa, knows he lives somewhere called the North Pole and is aware of Christmas (the songs, lights, trees). These past few weeks have been busy with the everyday stuff; and between work, the girls and home, there really isn't much time left. I decided that Sunday the 23rd was my last chance. Santa would be gone the next day and because our future plans have not yet been decided, it is possible that this would be the last chance of them taking a photo with Santa in New York. A Santa in Dominican Republic doesn't make much sense to me (I really can't imagine Santa in his red outfit and boots in an eighty degree weather). I had not really planned for this, which I should've, and so I dressed them quickly in jeans and a top (terrible choice for photo outfit) and drove with them to the mall. 

Long story short, it did not turn out as I had imagined it would. I made my girls wait for almost two hours in line and ended up getting home an hour late, making my husband also late for work. Stella was excited while we were on line, she even asked if we could take Santa home. As soon as it was our turn, she ran and sat next to Santa and I was happy that we finally made it and my girl would have her photo with Santa. But, the minute Santa started talking to her she got all nervous (scared, maybe?) and refused to take the picture. After a few minutes of trying to convince her and getting her to sit next to Santa, we settled on a picture and I then regretted wasting my afternoon, making my husband upset, having the girls wait for so long… all for a crappy photo of them. I'm not even going to post it here. I haven't and probably won't show it to my husband. 

I guess the point of this post is to express my frustration and failure when it comes to creating memories, traditions for my family. I would love to be the wife/mother who is able to do, if not all, at least most of the things that cross my mind but I guess sometimes I'm quite over my head and I have to learn to take things as they come, accept my reality for what it is and not expect much more than I am capable of. Yes, it does sound mediocre but I'd probably be more content and less disappointed at myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment