Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Unsure of where I'm heading

I can't make up my mind these days; it seems like it's all over the place, with a trillion ideas and things I'd like to do or think would be fun to make, refusing to settle on a single project. For months now, I've been planning to open an accessories shop: hair clips and headbands for little girls. I've made a bunch of hair clips, purchased hundreds of dollars worth of supplies, spent countless hours on my computer researching business ideas and models, looking at what other people do and comparing one with the other, trying somehow to find my place in the handmade world/business. My shop is practically set, I just have to let go of my fear and do it, click a button and launch my site. Something is stopping me and while I insist on it being perfect, my mind is also suggesting several other things that I could be creating.  Stopping by the bookstore this evening and looking through craft magazines and books has only made it worst. Now I'm thinking maybe I should make handbags. Crazy, right?
I want to create and I'd love to make a living doing something I enjoy. Somehow I feel that I won't be happy making several copies of the same item, I've discovered there's not much fun in that. But what if that's an excuse to not move forward, what if I'm feeding into my fears? Perhaps I'll love interacting with people and have them appreciate and buy things I do… I don't know, I don't know exactly where I want to go or do. I'm stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment