Thursday, September 16, 2010

Missing you

Dear Stella,

I miss you. I didn’t have a chance to spend much time with you before heading to work this morning because I was running late and you woke up a bit later than usual. I didn’t even get to feed you, Elsa did. Yesterday she told me that you missed me, that she could tell. I hope this is true. I do get the feeling that you’re starting to notice when I leave; you almost cried twice this week as I left and you cannot imagine how happy you made me yesterday when you got all excited to see me return.

I don’t know, I guess I’m having one of those days… I got sad to hear that you did not want my brothers to carry you when they stopped by today. It saddens me that you don’t know them as well as I’d like you to. It hurts to know that my family is not close enough to see you often and be a part of your life. They love you so much. I’m sure that, as you grow, you will get to realize this.

Anyway, I will see you soon, just a couple more hours left of my workday. You are the only thing that can easily make me smile. Indeed you are the light of my life, the one thing I look forward to every single day. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment